2017 VIHJA Scholarship Application
VIHJA is proud to announce the creation of several $500 scholarships available to all junior and amateur VIHJA members in good standing, who have competed in at least one VIHJA sanctioned show in the 2017 year.
The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the number of applications received.
- Recipient must be a 2017 member in good standing with VIHJA
- Recipient must have competed in at least one VIHJA sanctioned show in 2017 (April SSITS, May SSITS, Westside Derby, Arbutus Meadows, Benefit Show, VIHJA Finals)
- One page essay highlighting:
- Biography of you and your horse
- Short and long term equestrian goals, as well as more general life goals
- Riding accomplishments thus far
- Why you are a good candidate for this scholarship
- Your plans for the scholarship (i.e. what would you do if you won?)
- Contributions to the Vancouver Island Hunter Jumper community
- How you demonstrated horsemanship/sportsmanship this past season
- Application Deadline is October 27, 2017
- Applications should include a photo of you and your horse
- Essay as described above
Scholarship winners will be contacted prior to the Hunt Ball and awards will be presented at the Hunt Ball on Friday, November 17, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. VIHJA reserves the right to publish the name and picture of each scholarship receipient.
Scholarship applications and questions can be emailed or mailed to:
Erin Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
c/o Erin Robinson
4236 Blenkinsop Road
Victoria BC V8X 2C4