2020 VIHJA Scholarship Application
VIHJA is proud to announce the creation of several $500 scholarships available to all junior and amateur VIHJA members in good standing, who have competed in at least one VIHJA sanctioned show in the 2020 year.
The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the number of applications received, and our financial results.
- Recipient must be a 2020 member in good standing with VIHJA
- Recipient must have competed in at least one VIHJA sanctioned show in 2019 (April SSITS, May SSITS, Westside Derby, Arbutus Meadows, Benefit Show, VIHJA Finals)
- One page essay highlighting:
- Biography of you and your horse
- Short and long term equestrian goals, as well as more general life goals
- Riding accomplishments thus far
- Why you are a good candidate for this scholarship
- Your plans for the scholarship (i.e. what would you do if you won?)
- Contributions to the Vancouver Island Hunter Jumper community
- How you demonstrated horsemanship/sportsmanship this past season
- Application Deadline is September 25, 2020
- Applications should include a photo of you and your horse
- Essay as described above
Scholarship winners will be contacted prior to the Hunt Ball and awards will be presented at the Hunt Ball on Saturday, November 21, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered. VIHJA reserves the right to publish the name and picture of each scholarship recipient.
Scholarship applications and questions can be emailed to: Erin Robinson (email@example.com)